cant open download files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gabyjan, Sep 8, 2004.

1. gabyjan

gabyjan Private E-2

i am having a problem with my computer HAL i can download ahything but i cannot open any of them. i get a file download and when i click open it comes back again i can save or cancel but i can not open if i try to many times the thing starts flashing and willnot stop until i punch teh off button. im running windows 98 this is a fairly new thing i used to be able to open files except compressed now i cant open anything. i think it is somehow connected to bellsouth tech help putting network neighborhood and making me part of a work group. please help

2. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

what files are you trying to download. the associated program to run those files might have gotten changed. i would save the file to disk, hold shift and right click the file. and choose open with -> chose program. then chose the correct program to open that file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds