Can't play online with Norton Internet Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by jurgen, Jul 10, 2005.

1. jurgen

jurgen Private E-2

Hi, I've tried almost everything to configure the Norton Internet Security's firewall, in order to be able to play web-based games. (In Fact, to play the java game www.holdempoker.com)
    The game gets loaded, but it doesn't connect... It makes 5 attempts and never gets connected...
    I read the Norton's FAQ: "I can't access web-based games", and the problem was not solved at all.. also, I read the help offered by holdempoker.com and I tried to open those ports that the FAQ tells the java app uses. I still unable to connect...

Sry for my english d00ds
    My OS is windows XP, my Norton Internet Security version is 2004 for XP

hmm
    and I also have a bigger problem... I am an old UD user.. for the cancer research program.. but with my new PC and with this firewall, I have been unable to send results... dunno .. I also tried to open those ports that the UD help indicates it uses..

Any help is very welcome..
    Thanx!

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

3. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

I would also suggest that you try the following:

Go to the NIS>Firewall>Add Blocking and uncheck any boxes that have been selected. There are 2 options, Add Blocking & Pop up window blocking.
    I found that I get problems with some on line games being unable to load and doing the above cures it.

All the best

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds