Can't print! "There is not enough hard disk space. You need to delete some files"

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilevets, Jun 2, 2005.

1. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Dell laptop, XP Pro

Getting a strange message when trying to print. Never seen this one before...

"There is not enough hard disk space. You need to delete some files" or something like that. There is something like 20 GB of free space on the hard drive, plenty of RAM...512K.

The printer is a Brother MFC (Fax, Copier, etc) It is connected via 1284, not USB.

Can't tell really if the error message is generated by Windows, or Brother software. I thought maybe it meant virtual memory, but that seems OK. The message does specifically say "hard disk". I couldn't find anything on Brother's website, so I'm thinking maybe it's a standard Windows error? I'm just confused because I've never seen that before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its not a message I've run across before, so I tempted to say its a Brother error. Have you noticed whether the print spooler service stops running before or after this error?

Have you tried reinstalling the printer drivers?

3. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

You said 20 gb free.
    But how many partitions and the free spaces of each?

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

As the Big "A" recommended, uninstall and reinstall the Brother software first up. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds