Can't print to network printer from one computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jim234, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Jim234

Jim234 Private E-2

I have an HP6310xi and a HP laserjet 4m+ that connect directly to ethernet. They have been working fine for over a year. Now I cannot print to either one from one computer but the other computer works fine - both are XP. I can ping the printers from the nonprinting computer. Have reinstalled the printers. The documents end up stuck in the printer queues. The HP software can read ink levels, etc from the 6310. I don't know what to check or try next.

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

hmm, i have similar issues with a Network Printer certain users in the network are unable to print some kind of documents, just get stuck in the queue.

I guess is a network problem because every other users can print every file without problem, so i'd try to:

(in your case)

1- Use different account to print
    2- Print different kind of files (text in notepad, using word, a image, even a print test using the printer configuration)
    3- Disable firewalls and check that IP config is the same for all users under the network (i mean similar config TCP /IP)

Hope it gave you an idea.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds