Can't read Nero Image

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wavetar, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

A friend brought me her badly screwed up computer. It was to the point where she simply wanted a clean XP install, as the guy she bought it from wasn't doing much to help her. She wanted to save her pictures, but her CD burner wasn't working, so the guy went so far as to create an image (.nrg) file & saved it to the HD. I installed the HD as a slave in my computer & saved what I could, including that image file. I then used Nero to burn the .nrg file to a CD, using the 'burn from image' option.

Now, I cannot read the data in any CD drive, it just reports the CD as blank, with 580MB free. Using IsoBuster, I can see the data as a single track, 133MB in size. This is where I'm stalled, because I haven't used IsoBuster before. I thought I could extract the pictures from the CD with it, but the only thing it appears I can do is extract the track as a raw data file, such as .tao, or .bin. Once extracted as such, I cannot seem to do anything else with it.

Anyone out there with any ideas on what to do next?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds