Can't remove musicmatch jukebox

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, May 15, 2006.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

When I used my newly-purchased Logitech cordless optical mouse CD to install the software, I had the option of also installing musicmatch jukebox. When I try to use musicmatch jukebox, it screws up and I don't like it a bit. I tried to remove it with Add/Remove Programs and I get all kinds of error messages. Anyone know how I can get rid of this program? Thanks.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

3. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks for the reply. I tried re-installing and then removing. Same problem. The message I get is: "Setup has experienced an error. Close programs, empty temporary folder, then try to run the Setup again. Error code: -5001." Weird. I'm trying to remove, not install. As far as Windows Installer, I'm afraid I don't know how to detect if it used this. How do I tell?

4. Insomniac

Did you actually try what it suggested, as in empty your temp files folder, then trying again?

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is pretty simple to use.

Just install it, then start it, and if MusciMatch is listed, select it and Remove.

If not, you'll have to manually delete the MusicMatch folder.

5. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Yes, I did what it said to do and no luck. So I installed the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, and Musicmatch is not listed. So I went to the Musicmatch folder, right-clicked to delete it, and got this: "Cannot delete AttributeInfo.dll: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." I'm back where I started.

6. Insomniac

I should have supplied more info on deleting it.

Either delete in Safe Mode (repeatedly tap F8 as it's booting), or use something like UnLocker to remove it.

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Also, a reboot, then continue to manually delete that particular folder. My guess is that the .dll was in use, since MMJB, likes to add an item in the systray.

After than, please run your favorite registry cleaner. Mine is Ccleaner: http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4191

Good luck!

8. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks for the help. I decided to install and use unlocker, since I have had a few problems deleting locked files in the past. That worked. And I used my ccleaner on my registry afterwards, as suggested. Still some weirdness: When I go to add/remove programs, musicmatch still is listed and still won't remove. It's a 1.02 MB something or other, but it doesn't seem to bother anything. I can't find it anywhere else in my system. When I click to remove it, I get: >setupDLL (Setup DLL.cpp (515); PAPP:Musicmatch Jukebox thingy with an OK box. When I click the box, I get that "Setup experienced an error" thingy. No matter, I guess. I'm happy. Thanks again.

9. Insomniac

You can use CCleaner to remove erroneous Add/Remove entries.

It's in Tools, then select the entry and delete.

10. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Didn't work; still get the setup error message. Thanks. I didn't know about that ccleaner feature; I should have, but I didn't.

11. Insomniac

You can either try something like TweakUI, or do it manually by editing the registry (start, run and type in regedit )

It's under the following key,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall, and remove any unwanted entries under "Uninstall."

12. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

You sure are trying your best to help me. I'm a bit leery of messing with individual registry entries on my own. I think I'll just see how things go for awhile. Thanks again and again.

13. Insomniac

That's up to you, and you're welcome. Nothing wrong with leaving it the way it is. :)

If you still want to edit the Registry or for later info, you can just create a Restore Point prior, or back up the key by selecting "Export", and saving it somewhere handy, like your Desktop.

Then if need be, you can just double click on the file to restore it.

Anyway, good luck...

14. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Boy, I sure need someone leading me by the hand on this stuff. I keep forgetting about Restore Points. Also, I didn't quite know how to back up a registry key and how to restore it, if necessary. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds