Can't remove Real Player Basic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Burgess, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Burgess

Burgess Private E-2

I have Windows Vista Basic and just tried to install an old Logitech camera I had from an old computer well I found out it wouldn't work and now I can't delete Real Player it says "you do not have sufficent access to remove this please contact your system adminastrator" its my home computer I don't understand that.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Vista keeps you in normal user mode so you can't screw up the OS. When you want to do something like add/remove programs, you need to right click and choose "run as administrator".

3. Burgess

Burgess Private E-2

Still won't work.I just get a screen that pops up and wants me to personalize real player.

4. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Try logging in as full Administrator then removing the app'...

Click start >> type CMD, right click it, click 'Run as Administrator'

at the command prompt type: -->> Net user administrator /active:yes

log out and then log into the new admin-user account and remove the application.

To disable the Admin account, log back into your regular account, follow the same
    procedures to open CMD

Then type the following at the command prompt -->> Net user administrator /active:no

Q

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds