Can't Run CCleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrNuke, Aug 5, 2004.

1. MrNuke

MrNuke Private E-2

I got it download to my hard drive,,,says I've got a 286 kb setup.exe file on drive C in "My Downloads" sub-directory. When I try to run it by double clicking, it chokes. Any ideas?

MrNuke

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

What do you mean, "it chokes". Size of 286kb is correct. Suggest that you delete it and download again from MG as it is not a big file and won't take long

CrapCleaner v1.12.063 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

Double click on it should start unzipping the program. Do you get this far, if not what happens?

Bazza
    ===

3. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Sorry, I have to butt in too. ;)

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS -- this is for all who read this.

CCleaner is a pretty fast download so this suggests something other than ccleaner is the problem or just a glitch occurred...but you didn't give us any DETAILS (your OS, what actually happened).

Everyone here wants to help -- make it easier! :)

4. MrNuke

MrNuke Private E-2

I have a Centrino Notebook with Windows XP HE. When I try to double click on the the setup.exe file...the new window would open quickly and then shut with no installation...the setup.exe file did not run. Now when I double click on setup.exe...nothing happens at all. I guess I can re-download it...but i don't think that is going to help.

I've also got problems running RealPlayer, and certain web pages have missing parts.

Thanks for the help.

MrNuke

5. bigbazza

Suggest again, that you remove old copy, and download and install a new copy. If that doesn't work we have eliminated 1 possible problem and can move onto other suggestion.

===

6. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I'm explaining this to other NEW people because it's something I didn't "see" right away myself - if you put your cursor on the word "here" it's a link you can click on.

Forgive me if you knew that I'm just trying to speed up the help process for you. If you just read that sentence you might think, "the two sections -- where?" and I'm sure Mastertech gave you a good link that is helpful.

7. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Have you done this yet? Let us know what happens after you do what bigbazza and Mastertech suggested...they know what they're talking about.

8. bigbazza

Thanks pegg. Bazza.

Sometimes people can't see the wood for the trees, or the advice, from their predelictions. I think that is the word I am after. Baz

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds