Cant see Flash Games and stuff after using hijack this

Discussion in 'Software' started by dodgeboy98, May 17, 2005.

1. dodgeboy98

dodgeboy98 Private E-2

Ok, I used hijack this to get rid of some popups and i think i deleted something i shouldnt have because i cant see flash games such as on flashplayer.com. I dont have any logs becuase i uninstalled it. I have the Ad-Aware, Norton Anti-Virus, ad Spybot S+D in case that matters. Ive tried reinstalling macromedia flashplayer but it only says netscape in the browsers and i use IE. how could i install it to IE, and what can i do> :confused:

Thanks for any help!!!

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

3. dodgeboy98

dodgeboy98 Private E-2

it still wont work for some reason... did i disable something??? :confused:

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

1) Completely uninstall the Flash Player using the uninstaller .

2) Do a SEARCH on all your drives for flash. Delete anything that is swflash.ocx or flash.ocx. Delete any flash folders that look like this:
    C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

3) Download the Flash installer.

4) Run the installer.

5) Test Flash on macromedia.com

5. dodgeboy98

dodgeboy98 Private E-2

I still cant see it, it looks like images look before they load. FOr some reason it works on navigator and always has because i remember deleting something in hijack this called IE something... Sorry to take your time

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

IF this didn't take care of the problem. It has to be something with IE. I'm not an IE guru, sorry.

Anyone else have some ideas.

7. ratler

ratler Private E-2

Well, seems the big stick approach would be to uninstall the Flash Player, uninstall IE, then re-install both in the reverse order - install IE first.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If this is WinXP, you don't and can't uninstall IE.

I'd wager that you still have spyware remnants.

Try this.

Go to Internet Options, Advanced.

Uncheck, "Enable Third party browser extensions"

Close all IE windows and try again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds