Can't see the contents of my recycle bin

Discussion in 'Software' started by nyy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. nyy

nyy Private E-2

Yesterday i replaced my old hard drive with a new one, and used seagate's software for copying my old contents onto the new one. i was able to boot off of the new hard drive fine, but when i open my recycle bin i cant see the contents. even when i delete something off of my new hard drive, i still can't see it in the recycle bin. but if i right click/empty recycle bin on it, then it says "are you sure you want to delete 44 items..." or something along those lines.

2. armstrong

armstrong Private E-2

If you open the Recycle Bin and go to the View menu, what is checked? Tiles? Icons? Etc?

Also look in that same menu for Choose Details and see what boxes are checked.

3. nyy

nyy Private E-2

ive tried all of the view modes and had no results
    [​IMG]

4. nyy

nyy Private E-2

anyone?

5. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

6. armstrong

armstrong Private E-2

Hi nyy, I hope Kadavill's response will give you the solution to your problem. All I can tell you is that I had exactly the same problem with a new Sony Vaio laptop and that one day the contents suddenly appeared. I don't know whether anything I did made it happen, though I did regularly use Fix-It to keep the registry in good order. Sorry not to be able to to give you a useful answer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds