Can't see videos on some websites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TEAM, Nov 5, 2007.

1. TEAM

TEAM Private E-2

I haven't been able to view videos on any of the guide sites in About.com....I have the latest FlashPlayer and just updated directx as I see was suggested in another thread for a similar problem....I'm running XP....I don't get any error messages, I just simply can't see the videos....
    any ideas????

2. CrashOverride

CrashOverride Private E-2

is it possible to get a screen shot, I know its a video but just so we can see what it does? are you getting just a black blank screen? and you can hear the video but nothing comes up or are you getting the familiar red X at the top of the video, what version of flash player do you curtainly have, I just went on about.com and clicked on a random video and it worked out fine for me, and my work machine is pretty basic, running flash player 9...:major

3. TEAM

TEAM Private E-2

Here's a screen shot of the website I'm not able to view the videos on (I've attached it, this is my first time posting an attachment, so hope it works)....No not a box with red x, although I have seen that in the past....this is just a blank where I assume the video should be.....I have flash player 9 as well.....just updated recently to most current available....can't hear sound either.... I hope the screen shot gives you more info.....??????

Attached Files:

4. CrashOverride

CrashOverride Private E-2

I agree with Poltergiest0, if your not hearing anything either I would try to update your drives or try deleting them out of hardware and let them recognize themselves and see if that helps...but try to update them before deleting them...

5. TEAM

TEAM Private E-2

Okay, this is where my computer knowledge is limited....lol....could you explain how I update my drivers??? or even what drivers I'm updating/how i find out what I have??....admittedly I looked up the definition of driver in this capacity to confirm what I thought that meant....lol....

I'm not sure what else you need to know, but thought i'd give you all the standard info....
    Am running Windows XP
    PC is a Medion PC Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4CPU 3.00GHz

I did find something under control panel, system, driver signing that says it updates automatically, but requests prompt for a warning and lets me choose the action it is to take...that is set as system default......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds