can't sign in to live messenger 9

Discussion in 'Software' started by almagana007, Apr 24, 2009.

1. almagana007

almagana007 Private E-2

Hello,

From the past week I haven't been able to login to windows live messenger 9, it just lasts connected for 2,3 seconds and then I got an error saying this:

Windows Live Communication Platform
    AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8064.206 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755 Offset: 000100e8

I've surfed tons of posts in msn support sites and related and despite that many people is experiencing this issue, I haven't seen any defnite solution, I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, run clean ups of my entire system and nothing changes. A friend who works at msn told me to change my password and run an antivirus scan but still nothing.

I hope you can help me, it's very frustrating.

Alex.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

What Operating System and what Service Packs have been installed? Seems to be a issues with sys requirements...

you can uninstall 2009 and install an older version of messenger
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...73-48CC-4F7A-B445-0487BD5E84EF&displaylang=en

or you can try this fix, note it disables visual effects but seems to work for some.

http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...5e-bb1b-42684b3dfa3e&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

3. almagana007

almagana007 Private E-2

I've got XP, v.2002, SP3.

Tired the fix but it didn't work, so I'm switching back to messenger 8.1.

Thanks for your help, I hope Microsoft pay some attention to this issues

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

I think it may have something to do with your graphics card but not sure... sorry I can't be more help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds