Can't Start Application (Oxc0000006) Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by laszlo87, Dec 16, 2013.

1. laszlo87

laszlo87 Private E-2

Hello everyone! I have my boss's laptop here and it is a:

Acer Aspire s3 series
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Build 7601 SP1

I've attached the message/picture we seem to be getting (sorry I had to take a picture with my smart phone, because everything on the system isn't working/running).

This happens when we boot Windows. This also occurs right after logging into our desktop. Can't run "rundll32.exe" and "chrmsetup.exe" and plenty of others. The problem occurred after leaving the computer running overnight on the weekend while on a secure network. I just can't seem to figure this one out.

Could this be a hardware failure, i.e. hard drive? If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. laszlo87

laszlo87 Private E-2

UPDATE:

I've tried running check disk and restarted the computer. Went back to the desktop still the same issue. Also, tried running sfc /scannow (please see attachment below).

Attached Files:

3. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you haven't tried it yet, you might try SFC /scannow again to see if you can get it to finish...

4. laszlo87

laszlo87 Private E-2

Didn't work :(

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you can push F8 during start up to go to Safe Mode checking that your system is booting or not :wave

6. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Once you get to safe mode, try running sfc /scannow again. It sounds like you have some missing or corrupted Windows files.

If you can't get to Safe Mode via the F8 key (on my system I have about half a second to press the key before it continues to boot to Windows) then do the following:

1. Open Run
    2. Type "msconfig" and hit enter --> launches MSConfig
    3. Click on "Boot" tab
    4. Tick "Safe boot" checkbox
    5. Tick "Minimal" radio button
    6. Reboot computer

Computer will automatically start in safe mode.
    When you're done, don't forget to run 'msconfig' again and:

1. UNcheck "Safe boot" under "Boot" tab
    2. Tick 'Normal startup' under "General" tab

Otherwise you'll just keep booting into Safe Mode

7. laszlo87

laszlo87 Private E-2

Did that and some more kicking around and it is finally working normal! Thank you all for all your help!

8. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

I don't even know what that might entail. OK, yes I do. You didn't drop kick your PC did you?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds