can't transfer text messages from cell to PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikey1975777, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mikey1975777

mikey1975777 Private E-2

I have an LG UX300 phone through US Cellular, and I need to transfer text messages from the piece of junk to my PC. I bought a USB cable, then found out all it does is charge the phone with my PC. So I bought a Bluetooth dongle, and the only files I can transfer are pics and phone book. I've also tried BitPim (not compatible), DataPilot (not compatible) and a number of other programs. If anybody knows how to get the SMS files off this thing, please let me know. 7 hrs. of searching and experimenting=no joy. Bet if I chuck it out the window on the freeway I'll get something out of it. Satisfaction if nothing else....:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds