Can't "Un Check" Display delete confirmation dialog for recycle bin

Discussion in 'Software' started by petejc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. petejc

petejc Private E-2

I don't want the dialog box asking me if I am sure I want to send a deleted file to the recycle bin. I just want it to go there. The standard way to do this is to right click on the recycle bin and uncheck the "Display delete confirmation dialog" box.

For some reason I can't do that. The box and accompaning text is there but it is "grayed out" so that I can't change it. I have been messing with this off and on for the last year and tried everything I can think of. "Configure drives independently" or not, "Use one setting..." or not, etc.

I thought is was because the computer had been upgraded from ME to XP but since then I changed motherboards and processors. XP wanted me to reinstall but that didn't solve this problem.

Any ideas?

Pete

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds