Can't uninstall Jave

Discussion in 'Software' started by dc67, Feb 27, 2008.

1. dc67

dc67 Private E-2

For no reason, IE7 just dissappears and gives me an error message(send or dont send) I have had a few issues with it running slow and just did a windows repai recently. My last problem I still can't fix is JAVA. I cannot uninstall J2SE Runtime enviornment 5.0 update 6. I never deleted any I just installed the updates as they came out and read on here to delete all of the old ones first. When I try to delte that one through Add/remove programs, it starts to delete and right before it is finished I get an error 1316.a a network error while attempting to read from C:\windows\installer\vre.l.s.o_06-iftw.msi. I searched and can't even find that folder. I have the newest Java running now. Should I uninstall it until I figure out how to uninstall the other?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

2. dc67

dc67 Private E-2

That was supposed to be a j.

C:\windows\installer\jre.l.s.o_06-iftw.msi

I just used the windows installer utility and it is gone, I think.

3. dc67

dc67 Private E-2

I have gotten rid of the old java and installed the new. IE7 still keeps crashing. The error message has a bunch of dll files with bad checksums on the report, whatever that may be. It is only on certain web sites though, not all.

4. dc67

dc67 Private E-2

I had just uninstalled the older of the two. Now I uninstalled both, ranccleaner, rebooted and reinstalled the newest JAVA. Same thing with IE7 crashing. I tried to screen shot paste but it would not paste inot notepad or paint. It also happens if I am on the Firefox browser also escept no error, just dissappears.

5. dc67

dc67 Private E-2

I did it as you said because I was reading it as I did it, my mistake. When I get home from work tonight I will work on the screenshot,thanks.

6. nicksimec

nicksimec Corporal

the same thing happens to me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds