Cant uninstall nvidia graphics drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by rassklass, Dec 6, 2007.

1. rassklass

rassklass Private E-2

Hi,

I recently installed the forceware 163.75 drivers from the nvidia website but now i cant uninstall them! no matter which way i do it, if its in add/remove programs or device manager it just crashes on the uninstall. if i go into the device manager it locks as soon as i click yes on the 'are you sure you want to uninstall these drivers' box. This even happens in safe mode. I also cant uninstall ntune as it says that I need an nvidia NFORCE 2 or 3 motherboard to operate and I have an NFORCE 6 mobo! any suggestions?

I dont know if its related but if i use the volume keys on my keyboard to increase/decrease/mute or play/pause audio or video it completely locks all keyboard and mouse functions apart from mouse movement, ctrl+alt+delete and the windows key but i cant click on anythin or press enter. The computer itself carries on working.

Thanks to all :)

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

That is not true i got a nvidia geforce 7600 gs with 512 ram in a hp pavillion pc with motherboard that has a ati chip, But did have ati radeon x700 pro 256 ram installed and one time when i tried to update it's drivers by uninstalling it's old drivers i got an error message i don't remember what the error message was.

3. rassklass

rassklass Private E-2

hi, i know its not true i just dont know why its saying it!:confused

4. birdawg

birdawg Private E-2

Hi, You can try these 2 programs I use to remove drivers and programs before upgrading, or those that won't uninstall like the problem you're having. the first is CCleaner, and second is Driver Cleaner version 3. Let me know if this helps you at all.

Under the Lion's Paw

birdawg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds