Can't update avg? Not enough free memory message.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcduke, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

The update manager for AVG doesn't seem to be workign so I tried to update manually. I get this message when I try, "Not enough free memory". My system has 70gig HD space left and I have 2gig of ram. Any Ideas what the problem is?

2. LoLa baby

LoLa baby Private E-2

Same thing happend to me. Have you defragged and cleaned your pc..?? then uninstalled it and try going to Griersoft themselves to download the newest updated AVG?

3. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I'll try the uninstal/install then. Hopefully, that'll take care of it. Thanks

4. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I downloaded the newest avg free, but I can't uninstall the one that's on there now. It's AVG free version 8.0.233 and I've tried to use the uninstaller that comes with avg and I've tried the windows uninstaller. It just hangs and it's still there. Can I just install the newest version I downloaded over it?

5. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

That's what I did.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds