capture video from camcorder problem???

Discussion in 'Software' started by xray, Dec 28, 2006.

1. xray

xray Private First Class

Hi Guys and gals can you assit me please.

Trying to transfer video from camcorder to pc for recording to dvd later.

BUT...using Sony handycam usb connector to pc.

Keeps dropping frames using capture software and says usb bandwidth not sufficent.

Any help with this appreciated.

2. 12quidkidinnit

12quidkidinnit Private First Class

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but USB is not the best method of data transfer between camcorder and pc. The data transfer rate is not fast enough. Does the camcorder have a firewire connection ? If at all possible, it's best to use a firewire (1394) connection for transferring video from a camcorder to a pc.
    I tried to upload video to a computer via USB when I first got a camcorder, but had the same dropped frame problem. Luckily the camcorder did have firewire, so I bought a cheap firewire card off eBay and it was fine after that.

* All the camcorders I've seen which have firewire connections use a lead with 4 pins at the camera end, and 6 pins at the computer end.
    Firewire is sometimes referred to as i.Link on Sony products.

3. xray

xray Private First Class

Thanks 12quidkidinnit.

I bought the prpoer lead from sony.
    Everything works fine now and I managed the transfere.
    Many thanks for your advice,

Cheers
    Xray

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds