Capture video stream from internet

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Okay, one more time. I hope you guys can help. I want to capture a vieo that is playing on my screen. It is a news clip that I need for a short presentation. Ideas? I already emailed the news station but have not gotten an email back yet. Thanks.

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

Do you happen to know if Replay A/V is able to capture
    videos from BravoTV.com?

I've tried to use FF's capture, but it either doesn't work
    or it captures the 15 second commercial before the video.

So looking for a program that will capture stuff from this site,
    and others like it that do that same thing.

Thanks in advance!!!

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Download RealPlayer. It will show a tiny toolbar that asks if you want to download. The miniature toolbar is very discreet and pops up by itself. You don't need to much - just click yes or no. It will ask no matter what player you are running or what homepage you are watching the video from. It can sort of inter-act with other players and video content on the Internet. It's a relatively new feature from the RealPlayer company.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Link, please?

6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  7. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

You go it.
    Those are the videos I want to grab from BravoTV.

So RePlay A/V or RealPlayer?

What is best?

Thanks SO much.

8. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

I have a weakness for RealPlayer because of it's lovely GUI. :-D A beautiful blue and some shiny black. And this practical miniature toolbar that comes and goes. But I'm not being all that rational here so don't listen to me...

9. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

Thanks Cordialis.

I downloaded Real Player 11, and they have that cool little box that pops up over the video to "Download".

BUT the same problem...Bravo runs a 15 sec clip of a commercial before showing the video that I want. The recorder from RP11 and Foxfire both detect and record the 15sec commercial and not the video that plays immediately after.

How come and how do I work around it?

Thanks so much. I hope it's something simple I'm not doing right.

J

10. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

This could be a problem because when this happens it's usually the website owner that blocks the content. Copyrights issues, you know. But if you're lucky you just started RealPlayer to soon. Try to wait and start the download a few minutes into the program itself.

Edit made.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  11. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

But RealPlayer will not detect it, you wrote. I see that now. And no answer to that email.

Google this specific video/program and see if you can find it on other websites or TV stations. Others might permit a download from their sites...

12. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

I don't get it. From what I see there the videos from Bravo TV are download-able?

13. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

I wish I could. I don't see anywhere to download them.
    I wish there was a way around the ADS. That's the only thing
    that records.

14. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Well, if the TV station blocks the download option I don't see how I can help you. I wouldn't like to get you into trouble with the law, - or Majorgeeks and myself for that matter.

But try emailing them again. Also if the video is not controversial or has some other matter to it, - could you give us a direct link? Perhaps it's just us being a bit short of imagination. :) Maybe there is another way?

15. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

16. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Well, I also get that stupid bank commercial in my download. :( And no Minnelli jokes. Perhaps an intermediate site will do it. Some sites allows you to upload a video from an other homepage. Can't remember if YouTube is one of them. But once you have it on fx. a YouTube account you can use RealPlayer to grab it form there..

17. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

18. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

I will see what I can do. I wish there was some program to get this little bugger.
    I'll see if I can get YouTube to do it. Not sure what you mean by having it on fx?
    I'll try.

19. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Find the video on the Internet - you're not short of options here...

20. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Oh - I forgot: fx. is just a sloppy shortening for the term: "for example". Sorry about that.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  21. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

Thanks for all of your help.
    I appreciate it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds