Card Reader not recognized in My Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by torrbo, Feb 22, 2005.

1. torrbo

torrbo Private E-2

I am having trouble with my Zio Hi-Speed 10 in 1 Reader/Writer. It was working fine with Windows ME, but I recently upgraded my system to Windows 2000/SP4 and now I cannot get it to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 4 times and went to their website and downloaded the drivers (in case mine were out of date) all to no avail.

Nothing shows in My Computer.

In device manager under disk drives it shows two added "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device" entries (which I assume are the reader) with yellow exclamation mark designations. When I check properties, it tells me "This Device Cannot Start [Code 10]".

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers are listed: "Universal 10 in 1 Reader/Writer" and 2 "USB Root Hub", both of which are listed as working properly.

I also connected it to a XP Pro computer and it worked fine, so I know it is not a problem with the reader itself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Phil Maio

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

My quick and rather simple $.02 would be (if you haven't already tried it) use a different USB port on the Win2K machine to see if it works, I ran into the similar problem with my external USB HardDrive, due to some sort of a conflict it either doesn't show up, or takes over another device but it works without any problems after connecting to another USB port (got 4 in the back of the PC).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds