Cases, again...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PghPittViper, Apr 16, 2008.

1. PghPittViper

PghPittViper Private E-2

I notice that pretty much all cases have front audio, usb, maybe firewire and maybe sata connectors. How will they attach to the mb?

Viper

2. Tater

Tater Tot

Most of the ports, connectors,....are built in to the mobo. The case usually just has knock-out openings that line up with the mobo. At least this is how all the uses I've had/used have been.

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

on my case, in the front is audio, usb, and firewire, on the rear, there is a part for external sata, and 4-pin molex power connector. The motherboard should have the proper connections (if capable) and the case documentation should give you good enough directions on how to hook up the front items.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds