Ccleaner Or Pro Or

Discussion in 'Software' started by homer78, Jun 16, 2016.

1. homer78

homer78 Private First Class

so I use ccleaner free
    I was updating it and they offered me
    ccleaner PRO
    and cccleaner pro-PLUS

with pro-plus I can upgrade($10) get a cd of my computer
    [​IMG]
    Backup CD
    Physical media for archiving and easy reinstalls. Free Shipping
    (I'm not sure what that is and I couldnt get an email link to ask them, they want to me to join their forum to ask questions)

so does anyone know what the CD is?
    isnt the free version good nuff?

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Long time free CCleaner user myself but after Free Wise Disk Cleaner was suggested as being better by Major Geeks I tried it and have to say it cleans up things CCleaner was not getting. You might want to try it. I still have CCleaner also and use it sometimes but have never tried Pro.

3. homer78

how can you tell?

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Wise Disk shows you how much data it cleans in each category and gives you a total of cleaned space. Just now I ran it and it said 7006 files and 358.6 MB cleaned and I had just ran it a couple days ago.

5. homer78

and you just ran CCcleaner?> so you knew that CC clearnner didnt get that stff?

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

7. homer78

seems like a lot of trouble to change cleaning aps
    any significant changes? where was wise disk discussed on here?

8. Anon-9aee479f8f

9. homer78

thanks? I was wondering where you saw the thread that recommended wise disk
    I was told via this site to use ccleaner, it seems to work great, which is why I asked if you saw any significant changes using wise disk vs ccleaner

10. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Is there some reason you cannot run both, and compare them?

11. homer78

lots of trouble and I'm not sure the reward...that's what I'm trying to figure out....also why the 1st post was about if the free version was enough? I cannot fathom what more cleaning is? or how Id know more cleaning happened

12. Anon-9aee479f8f

Maybe someone who uses Pro will answer you question.

13. Earthling

The best way to learn with things as straightforward as this is by trying it yourself.

dr.moriarty likes this.
  14. homer78

huh?

did you JUST say this in post 10?
    are you not reading my responses about why you are not correct?

no, using it myself is not best choice to know why its better
    would you throw away consmer reports and just buy cars to see which is better? you might, but that would not be smart or effiecent

I'm just trying to determine why Pro or PRO plus is better than free version
    easy to say in words, and seeing as I don't know much about computers, I

15. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

For a well-maintained system CCleaner Slim works just fine. I would never recommend to anyone but a very experienced and knowledgeable Windows user something more harsh in its cleaning. Some people who recommend IoBit or Wise products don't take that into account.

16. Earthling

I read it and have no intention of getting into a debate about it.

dr.moriarty and Nick T like this.
  17. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

CCleaner gives you the exact same detail (see Options > Advanced) and I get 3-400mb cleaned by it every single day!

18. Anon-9aee479f8f

Yes but I thought he was asking what Wise Disk got that CCleaner had left behind. CCleaner is still good but in my experience Wise Disk seems to be a little better. Anyway he was asking about buying Pro and I suggested Wise Disk Free. Also told him twice if he was happy with CCleaner to stay with it.
    I always uncheck the Registry Cleaner when using any cleaner. When there are several software programs to choose from to do the same thing it always comes down to personal preference in my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes I agree with you. A user can run CCleaner and just choose 'analyse'- take a screenshot of what it lists to clean - then run Wise and do the same and compare.

20. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

CCleaner Professional doesn't have more cleaning power than the free version.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

CCleaner Professional Plus includes all 4 products.
    Pro Plus_1.jpg
    The backup CD is the software on disc.
    Pro Plus_2.jpg

21. homer78

right,. but I dont know what data shots mean
    Im not a computer guy, which is why I'm here a lot
    and that's why I said that

telling me, "disk wise cleaned 400TB more than ccleaner!"
    isnt useful

I have a 400hp TB engjne
    My friend has a 900hp engine

which car is better?

welll,, I need some perfornace data right
    MPG
    cost
    acceleration, etc

which is why I asked

22. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

On the basis of what you are saying about your knowledge, why don't you just stick to CCleaner Slim?

23. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Several different threads have compared the 2.

One was a year or so ago when CCleaner modified their eula and the downloads were removed from the home page. The downloads returned within a weeks time or so.

Another time is when the Top freeware picks was discussed after changes.Look between post 10 and 17 thereabouts.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/top-freeware-picks.290435/#post-1929478

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds