Ccleaner Shuts Me Down!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANNIEPOTTS, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ANNIEPOTTS

ANNIEPOTTS Private First Class

First,appreciation and Happy Holidays to the Major Geeks crew.For past 1o years,you have kept me going.Question:used to have CCleaner.But,few months ago,when updates were downloaded,my computer would shut down everytime I tried to open the program.I was forced to clean out their program.Today,I did download (from their site) the ccsetup513.exe.When it was opened the following came up:blue screen of death with message fatal error,physical dump,c000021a.I removed everything (via IObit uninstaller on both Admin and Owner).Curious as to why this great program is doing this? Am I the only one??

Thank You All (again)

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What version of Windows are you running CCleaner on? Are you running anything else like Wise Care 365 or Advanced System Care (I see you use Iobit Uninstaller)? Are you free of malware?

3. ANNIEPOTTS

yes,the computer is (very)clean.I always follow your "do this" first.Yes,I have both:WiseCare and ASC (updated current versions).I have both on Desktop and open when I clean before logging out.I may use one (or both).Here us your laff for the last of 2015.My computer is 13 years old and running WIN XP.Have service pack2 and use Firefox.Been running fast,clean.Will not furthur update. Just curious why.Prior to updated CCleaner,I was using it with no problems.It is fast and thorough,which is one reason I liked it.I learn so much from your replies/forum.I would venture a guess that the blue screen of death comes from my "old" computer and reluctance to use xp3 etc. THANK YOU!

4. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

AnniePotts...

Your problem may be with the .NET framework. Since you don't have SP3, not sure about what SP2 supports .NET-wise, but many programs use v3.5 or even v4.0, which can be installed on XP. I do think SP3 has to be there, though.

Can you tolerate going back to an older version of CCleaner? CCleaner is not a program that is super dependent on updates, anyway. I have actually been using an old version, like 4.25 I think, for 5 or 6 years because that version does everything I care for it to do...

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

6. ANNIEPOTTS

OK...will do later (our sink exploded last night.Husband went and got parts and fixing...mess : ( I did download the whocrashed.Where do I get the old version of CCleaner? What a holiday.LOL forgot to mention:been getting (daily) javascript errors on Firefox.Everything "hangs" and it reroutes back to my desktop.Just started that 2 weeks ago. THANK YOU All for the help.It is sincerely appreciated.

7. ANNIEPOTTS

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Try filehippo - I know and trust that site.
    http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/history/
    just keep paging back until you find the "newest" version 4.

I currently run 4.19.4867 on four Win 7 computers in the house.
    They update almost monthly. Most of the updates I have no use for because I don't run 8/8.1 or 10.

9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

10. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You DO need SP3 if you're going to continue to run XP. Many programs won't run without it. The fact that all 3 programs you run — WC365, ASC and CCleaner monitor your system could also be causing conflicts and possibly your BSODs. I run ASC Pro AND CCleaner and I turn off monitoring in CCleaner. I run the programs on XP SP3, Win 7, 8.1 and 10 without the type of issues you've had. My 32-bit computer is 10 years old. Because of it's age and the fact that it's a 32-bit system, it's doggedly slow. But, it works.

MaxTurner likes this.
  11. ANNIEPOTTS

will return,once I have completed the scans etc.(dog and house issues have taken me offline).For now,BEST of a Peaceful & Healthy 2016 to all Geeks-Major and Minor

PS THANK YOU.I have not forgotten,but home takes precedent over the computer.

12. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds