CCleaner-startup entry removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by †Zachæriah†, Nov 9, 2006.

1. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

I was reading the basic computer maintenance thread and am not sure which entries are safe to remove with CCleaners' startup entry removal tool. I posted a screen shot of the entire list below and I marked some of the entries that I thought could be removed. The red dots are the ones I'm fairly sure can be removed without any repercussions, the blue dots are the one's that I'm hesitant to approach because I'm not sure of the dependency my system may have on them. If someone could point out which entries are safe to remove (including ones not marked that aren't needed) I'd appreciate some assistance on this.

[​IMG]

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

4. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

Compaq Connections is the BackWeb update software used to automatically download drivers for my PC. I am pretty sure that I don't get them from Compaq/HP anymore, I'll check into it and go from there, thanks.

5. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

I noticed the other day when going through my computer and using CCleaner that a lot of startup entries that were there are missing from the list. I don't know if this is a problem or not because I am not having any problems with my computer working at all. The image I posted above was a little over a month ago and now this is what the list looks like in run > msconfig and in the CCleaner startup entry list. Should I worry?

[​IMG]

this also comes up in AVG Free when I run it, something to do with a boot error but it won't give me info on it?
    [​IMG]

6. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Yes, I would worry a little if I were you! The three files that you show listed in start up do not include an AntiVirus app. As for AVG's error message, I can understand, as it isn't included in the startup applications!:)

7. †Zachæriah†

†Zachæriah† Private E-2

Any ideas as to why this happened??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds