cd and dvd burners say disk is full, there is no disk in drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tekkk, Oct 12, 2005.

1. tekkk

tekkk Private E-2

Hi all,
    This seems to be the right place for help!
    My dvd and cd burners show 0 bytes for used and for free space. The picture of the disk is completely blue and not pink for free space. It show's the drive as being full, but it has no disk in it. I went into properties and clicked on the "Recording" tab, and then clicked on "enable recording", sometime's after turning off the computer, I have to go in and enable it again. I hit "apply" then ok. Shouldn't it stay defaulted to "Enable"?? What went wrong? I am running XP pro.
    I have a Pioneer DVR-104 and Iomega zipcd 650.
    Both of them flipped out at the same time, so I don't think it's the hardware itself. I did by mistake, load in Roxio easy cd recorder. Big mistake. LOL
    I ran roxiezap and got rid of it. But still no response to my 2 drives.
    I have also tried to reload the firmware for both, and that didn't help.
    Anyone here ever face this problem before?
    Thanks to everyone in advance.

Tekkk :D

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

3. tekkk

tekkk Private E-2

Thanks but I already have it. I had it when I put in roxio. The problem happened when Nero was in. I loaded in Roxio to see if it would bypass the problem, but it made it worse, so I dumped it. Thanks anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds