CD burner causing serious problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by photek, Oct 15, 2004.

1. photek

photek Private E-2

Hiya,

My CD burner is driving my PC nuts. When I have the burner connected to my computer, the computer will pop up a blue screen and reboot after I put a CD in the burner OR my CD-rom drive. Also, when the burner is connected, the comp pops up errors, saying that there are serious CPU problems.

Scary shit. But when I disconnect the burner, there's nothing wrong with the PC and everything is going how it's supposed to be...

Can anyone tell me what's the problem with my burner or my burner in combination with my PC :confused:

Thanks!
    greets photek

2. {wizard}

{wizard} Private First Class

have you tried changing the ide cable from the mobo to the burner??
    it could be the problem

3. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

What is the jumper setting on the Burner? Are there any other devices on the same chain?

4. photek

photek Private E-2

Nope, I haven't. I'll try.

Well I've putted how it's supposed to be. But I can't remember if it's slave or master. I have another device on the chain, a DVD-rom drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds