CD/DVD burning program

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeeOhGee, Nov 21, 2008.

1. DeeOhGee

DeeOhGee Private E-2

Can someone recommend a CD (and possibly DVD) burning program that will allow me to span across more than one CD/DVD?

I have several programs that I want to save/backup that require more space than will fit onto one CD.

A (simplistic) example -- assume for the moment that I do not have a DVD burner:
    The proposed program (installation files) or data folders takes up 900MB of space. A CD can only hold 700MB of data. The burning program (computer) should be able to burn the program/data to more than one CD, but act as if it were only onto one disk (continuous burning?) -- although the actual number of disks used will be more than one.

Thanks for the help.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Take a look here. I know I've heard of other programs that do this, but I can't remember which at this time. Take a slow stroll thru the Major Geeks Back-Up downloads and I'm sure something there will suit your needs.
    :-D

3. T-rav

T-rav Private E-2

Hi, I'm new here. Matter of fact this is my first post. I probably need to start a new thread, but I'm fairly certain that someone can point me in the right direction, and that I'm not the first one to ask this. So here goes.
    Like you were going to explain it to a 5th grader, how do I put video files on a DVD to be viewed on a home DVD player?
    1) I'm sure that I need burnable DVDs (DVD-r ok?)
    2)Is a DVD burner a must or will a CD burner work?
    3)What format will I need to convert the file to that a standard home DVD player will recognize? Also is there a good (FREE) software out there that will help me do this?
    Its funny that some people only post when they need help, yup, I'm that guy!!
    Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    T-rav

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds