Cd/dvd drive has stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by st4rich, Aug 27, 2009.

1. st4rich

st4rich Private E-2

Hi, can anyone help me please?
    My CD/DVD drive as stopped working, my PC is only 10 months old and I am using Windows Vista. I have looked in my Device Manager and the CD/DVD drive as an ! on it. I have also done a diagnostics scan on my PC and the report states for the CD/DVD drive error message:
    'Failure using VxD loader. (code 19)
    What is this then? Please help.
    Kind regards,
    Stewart.:(

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi st4rich, welcome to 'geeks go to the device manager and expand the selection where the yellow "!" is and then "right click" on the drive listed and select "update" or "install" and let it do its thing :)

post if this does not help.

Q

3. st4rich

st4rich Private E-2

Hi Q, I have done what you said and windows came back with the following message:
    'The best driver software for your device is already installed'
    'Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.'

Frustrated,help.
    Many thanks,
    Stewart.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. st4rich

st4rich Private E-2

Many Many thanks, that's fixed the problem, my CD/DVD Drive is up and running again.
    Kind regards,
    Stewart.:)

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Stewart

Cheers for getting back to us with your issue fixed but which option was it just for reference, the KB article on upper and lower filters or the uninstalling of an ISO mounting app?

As if it was the Upper/Lower filters you "may" need to re-install your CD/DVD bruning app again, as they also run off these filters, not always is this needed but if you notice your burning app not working, just re-install it.

Cheers.

7. st4rich

st4rich Private E-2

Hi and thanks again, it was the KB article 'upper & lower filters' that fixed the problem.
    Many thanks, Stewart.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds