CD/DVD Drive read order in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by StratMan23, Apr 8, 2005.

1. StratMan23

StratMan23 Private E-2

I've recently installed Virtual Drive 7 and it keeps asking me for the CD anyway. On their tech support site it says that I should change the read order of my CD/DVD drives to make the virtual drive first. They say I can do this in the control panel, but they don't elaborate.

Does anyone know how to access and set the read order of disc drives in Windows XP control panel?

Thanks for your time, StratMan23

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Does this program have a control panel where you can mount and unmount?

3. Powermarkymark

Powermarkymark Private E-2

The virtual drive software I use is Daemon tools.

In the three years that I have been using it, it has performed flawlessly.

It is freeware.

Marc

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Apart from Bios order settings and assigning drive letters in disk management or device manager, I've never heard of setting the read order for CD/DVD drives?

5. SGC_Geek

SGC_Geek Private First Class

Does Virtual Drive 7 have its own Control Panel applet. This may be what their website is referring to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds