cd/dvd drive won't reconize windows7 upgrade disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rodwell, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

Upon trying to upgrade vista 32b to windows 7 premiun 32b, the e drive will not reconize the windows 7 disk. It reconizes ever disk I have but windows 7
    upgrade disk. I formated the hard drive with the system recovery disks I made when I purchased the computer. All updates are up to date and I also ran the windows 7 update advisor with no issues. I was having trouble with the mouse so I purchased a logitech wireless and now that works fine. Have opened my computer and the disk does not show on the drive. A window pops up telling me there is no disk in the drive.

HP Pavilion a6110n
    4g of memory
    amd Athlon 64 x2 Dual core
    HL-DT-ST dvdrrw GSA-h30L cdRom devise.
    :(

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

are you sure your system is a 32bit platform ?,because your description "HP Pavilion a6110n
    4g of memory
    amd Athlon 64 x2 Dual core
    HL-DT-ST dvdrrw GSA-h30L cdRom "sounds like you have a 64bit platform.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

under system type it says it is a 32 bit operating system . I have tried both disks in the drive and neither one will work.

5. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

It is 32b home premium:yum

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are they retail discs? Or did you burn them?

You could try making a copy of the disc if you have a blank DVD.

Imgburn will do the job. Use the option "Create Image File from Disc" to make an ISO file on your HD. Then use the "Write Image File to Disc" option to write the ISO to a new DVD. See if you have better luck booting from the copy.

7. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

What I forgot to mention is that the hard drive was changed one year ago but the original vista premium was put back on. The windows 7 disk is an update purchased at the store. Have tried to copy the disk but it will not work. Also when I put the disk in the computer and go to computer and then (e:) drive, click open the setup application is not there. It shows on my two labtops but not this desktop. :( Thank you

8. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I really think trying to copy the disc might be your best solution. What happened when you tried to copy it? Did you try to do this on one of the laptops that can read the disc?

9. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

I downloaded the free trial of imgburn and made an IOS file on the hard drive and then burned it to DVD. Put in the vista desktop. Everything went fine until the end when a window pops up and tells me it could not install all the files. I opened up the dvd I made and all the files are different. I have finally given up and am going to continue using vista. Thank you for trying to help me.

10. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

sach2 I again downloaded the latest version of ImgBurn on my XP desktop. Put windows 7 upgrade on a dvd and then installed it on the vista desktop. It worked great. Thank you very much. Rodwell

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds