CD/DVD vanished from PC ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shlamgarble, Nov 14, 2005.

1. shlamgarble

shlamgarble Private E-2

Sorry guys but I'm more of a gonk than a geek when it comes to PC's.

Was using mine online today and it locked up when I tried to view a web link. Tried ctrl/alt/delete but wouldn't shut the PC down so I did it manually. When I started back up the CD and DVD drives don't seem to exist anymore.

Can't put a disk in to try and reload drivers as neither works.

HELP !!!!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Run your virus software ...... look in my computer/properties/hardware manager and see if they are listed. Do a system restore if ness.

3. shlamgarble

shlamgarble Private E-2

Did that and still no go. Going to disconnect the drives and see if it is a bad connection or bad drive then reconnect one at a time.

Wish me luck....I'm going in !!!

4. shlamgarble

shlamgarble Private E-2

Looks like the rewrite drive is corrupted as the CD ROM drive works fine once the rewrite is disconnected.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds