cd players

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ken evans, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ken evans

ken evans Private E-2

Can anyone tell me how to increase the volume on a cd. Even at the highest setting, the sound is barely audible. This appears to be a fairly new problem; as the volume is satisfactory when played on an older player. Have returned a couple f players to the suppliers, but replacements have the same problem. Any suggestions that would help a senior citizen would be greatfully accepted.:confused

2. slipknot72102

slipknot72102 Private E-2

What program are you using to play the cd with your computer? Is it windows media player? What operating system(ie windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, Mac)

Are your speakers loud enough for system sounds and other things of that nature?

If not right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray.(bottom right corner, you also might have to click an arrow first if you use windows 7)

then click open volume mixer and make sure each one of the volumes is high enough.

3. ken evans

ken evans Private E-2

I have used a number of individual dvd players, and the problem is common to them all.It just seems to be a peculiarity of new players. The same cd's sound satisfactory on a 5 year old player.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

The problem is, you raise the volume, then you introduce noise. How are you listening to the cd's that are playing, and are they original cd's, or copies of music that someone else burnt for you? It is the same, that in the old days, that if someone dubbed a cassette and did not push up the volume to a correct level, no matter what you would do, the tape was still crap.

Also if you listen to the cd at a reasonable level in your car, or an a home stereo, without having to crank the volume, do you have problems?

5. ken evans

ken evans Private E-2

Because I wear hearing aids I don't use headphones. I get the same problem with cd's that have previously played well on older players as I do with new cd's. All are purchased from retail outlets. The problem is definitely with the cd players.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds