CD rom and Word hassles

Discussion in 'Software' started by Goingoingone, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Goingoingone

Goingoingone Private E-2

Hi everyone,

Im New here and still learning to get around and Im not really sure whats going on with my computer, Im running a Gateway (sucks) with Windows 98/ME that has burned out 4 CD roms in five years, the first two were replaced by Gateway and Ive replaced one and now getting ready to replace the fourth. any ideas?

The second thing Im asking about is a software program, Ive been trying to use my Word program and it will not run, its says Error and the program will now shut down. I tried to use something called Error Nuker, hoping it would fix the so called errors on my computer, but still have problems, fortnatly I didnt spend a lot on that.

Forgive me if im in the wrong spot....And Thank you in advance.:confused:

2. Shotgun_Shortz

Shotgun_Shortz Corporal

Your Word question is in the right spot, but your Drive problem belongs in the hardware section.

However...

Try to reinstall Word, and make sure all of your connections under the hood are connected right. Does all of your fans work? It maybe due to over heating.

Also Window has caused an error in what?

3. Goingoingone

Goingoingone Private E-2

The weird thing is, that I discovered this morning that I can use the short cut that apperently someone in the household put on the Desk top, but I tried open some things in mail or in a download that I did yesterday and it say
    Wordpad has caused an error in MSWRD832.CNV....I will check on the Fans for the CD ROM next.
    Thanks again.

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Wordpad shouldn't be causing an issue, and I would recommend a trip to the Malware Removal forum to be sure that you aren't infected. As for the CDROM failures, I doubt that they are computer caused, because they share the same connections that the hard drive does and you didn't mention any hard drive failures. Hope this helps!:)

5. Shotgun_Shortz

Shotgun_Shortz Corporal

Well, search for the file on your computer. Then go to google and search for it. And see if you can download it. Then replace the file. Thats what I do all the time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds