"CD-ROM Boot Priority ...No Medium"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Postman158, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Postman158

Postman158 Private E-2

Hey guys,

I went to go start up my PC desktop today (I'm on my Macbook Pro laptop right now) and I got this error during start up, and cannot access my computer:

"CD-ROM Boot Priority ...No Medium"

I saw some other people have this problem on some other forums, but I could not find a fix. I don't understand what the problem is, I turn this computer on every day and haven't made any hardware changes. Heres some things that might help you figure out whats going on:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Processor
    Type: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 940 @ 2.93GHz
    Speed: 3516MHz

ASUS P6X58D Motherboard

Memory: 12GB

Hard drive: 2TB

I don't know what else I can give you, other than this is completely random and annoying. Like I said, I use this computer every day and have not made any hardware changes.

During the boot process, there is also something I see that reads:
    "Disk Information: No Hard disk is detected!".. But I'm pretty sure that is on the boot screen every time I start up my computer.

Let me know if any of you have had this problem, or know the remedy. I'd greatly appreciate it!

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Postman158...

Try accessing your BIOS and make sure your boot order is set for hard drive first...

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you are seeing
    at bootup, it means there is a problem with the hard drive. Either the drive is gone, a cable/connector went bad or something needs to be connected securely.

Open the laptop and make sure the hd is secure.
    If no change, you can take it out, attach it to another PC via a USB adapter and see if you can find anything on it.

4. Postman158

Postman158 Private E-2

Hey guys, I accessed my BIOS, and nothing has changed. I continued to restart my computer and it finally worked... Rrr that was frustrating..? Any reasons why that would happen?

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Bios setting or hard drive failure as has been said:) It may be a warning that the hard drive is about to fail,if the hard drive cannot spin up in time it can time out or hang.

If you can set the bios boot priority to hard drive and disable all other boot options,also enable SMART in bios if you have the option.

Sometimes if the computer fails to start or load an operating system a number of times the bios resets to fail safe defaults but this is unlikely unless you have been playing around in the bios.

If it happens again enter bios and check the status of the hard drive to see if it's recognised in bios while it's happening.

6. JyBest

JyBest Private E-2

Hi guys, today this happened with me too, I tried to check the bios, but it says that I have my hard drive attached, still it's giving the same error, My PC Specs Are:-
    Windows 7 64 Bit Professional
    Intel core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz
    4gb ram Intel chipset family express.
    Please help me

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

This thread is 9 years old!

plodr likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds