CD-RW Drive won't burn

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lapras53, Mar 20, 2005.

1. lapras53

lapras53 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm having trouble with this cd-rw drive. I've tried several burning programs and neither have worked, so I'm guessing it's the burner's fault.

It can play cds, and the computer says that the device is working properly, but when I try and burn a disc, in windows media player, it will get through converting all of them, and then when it starts to actually write the tracks it never makes any progress.

it will eventually just eject the disc and it says that there was an alignment problem. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Alignment problem could very well be a mechanical problem with the Drive itself like you mentioned but have you tried to burn using another CD burning software besides Windows Media Player?
    Also have many different blank CDs have you tried this with?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Might be because burning copies of copywrite material is protected by anti piracy software,if you want to use your cd wherever you go take it with you. :D

4. Phredrick

Phredrick Private E-2

CloneCD from Slysoft.com is arguably the best cd copying software on the market. Another good program is Alcohol 120%. These programs get by most copy protections and certainly any audio protections. What kind of media are you using (brand of the cd)?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds