CD tray will not open

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georgew7510, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Georgew7510

Georgew7510 Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and use Windows XP. I rarely use the CD tray and when I tried to install some new software, the tray would not open. I am not a technical person. Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
    George

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Should be a little hole next to the drive. Try a paper clip and push it in. Should open.

3. Georgew7510

Georgew7510 Private E-2

Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

4. TimW

External CD player. :(

5. Georgew7510

Georgew7510 Private E-2

My non-technical skills are showing. I said "CD tray would not open" That's what I call the tray that you put a CD in to install new software. Am I using the right term?
    George

6. TimW

Yes, you are using the correct term. Your choices are to either open the computer and replace the drive or buy a USB external drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds