cd unable to write reports disk full

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bg9208, Oct 15, 2011.

1. bg9208

bg9208 Private First Class

I can read from my cd/dvd writer but when I try to burn I get message to "out disk into drive" (A disk is already in drive) and explorer shows new blank disk as full. I am running Win XP Pro SP3 and have plenty of memory free.
    Any help would be most appreciated

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi mate , which programme do you work with ?

3. bg9208

Hi, If you mean programme to write, I have tried MS XP's own writing system and Infra Recorder with the same results.

4. falconattack

5. bg9208

Thanks for the tips. I tried everything and finally the MS Fixit finally reported "this disk is unable to write" and tells me to check type letters on item for read or write and as this is a DVD writer that used to work I must assume that there is an internal problem with disk unit so I will try replacing it. Thanks for your help.

6. falconattack

This is the final trick

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm

try it mate !! :wave

7. BECH

BECH Private E-2

I have typically run into that problem when I am trying to use an inexpensive disc. For some reason, some drives have a hard time with the less expensive discs. You either have to keep trying or you have to buy more expensive disks like the Taiyo Yuden discs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds