CDBoot error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick T, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Just got off the phone with a friend, he says he's reinstalling Windows after having a virus, inserts disk, restarts computer black screen saying, CDBoot Cannot boot from CD: Code 1.
    Any ideas, I've never seen this before.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sounds like he is using a burned disk and a bad one at that.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey buddy, he tells me that he just loaded it with this same disk (I think it's an OEM) about 3-4 months ago and everything was fine until his son picked up a virus. Now he was trying to reload and the message CDBoot Cannot Boot from CD:Code 1, comes up. I told him it may be hardware related, but I wanted to check with my friends here, this is the most trusted site on the web.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Maybe the disk is dirty, scratched or just plain worn out? Have your friend run the disk through a CD cleaning kit to see if that helps.

5. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I'll let him know, thanks guys, I'll get back as soon as I hear from him. Thanks again.

6. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does the CD boot in another machine?

7. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Not sure cipher, I'll let you know when I hear from him thanks.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is a good point. It could be the optical drive that has the problem.

9. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I was running with the idea that it is more likely that the CD is damaged. The optical drive would be the next logical choice.

10. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

This is to thank you guys for your help, I took the disk myself and tried it in my PC, and got the same error, so it seems that the disk is bad, so you guys were right as usual. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds