Celeron question

Discussion in 'Software' started by BanC, Oct 15, 2004.

1. BanC

BanC Private E-2

I have a intel (R) celeron (TM) cpu 1000 mhz 1.01 ghz. Does anybody know of a safe setting to overclock this at? I am a beginner at this so I really do want a safe setting. Thanks BanC

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

As far as I'm aware, all Celerons have locked multipliers.

The only way to overclock them is by changing the FSB settings.

Be aware that Intel does not support overclocking, and you will void your warranty.

There is no "safe" setting, but the safest way is to increase the FSB slowly, one increment at a time, and use the PC for a while before increasing it again if and only when it's stable.

If you don't understand any of this, you really shouldn't be attempting it.

Get someone that does if you still have your heart set on it, and only do it if you are willing to accept any consequences.

HERE is a guide.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'll have to differ on the above. I'm oc'ing my 1GHZ chip to 1.32GHZ by changing the internal frequency via BIOS on my ASUS TUSL2-C mobo. Nice thing is that it is running only a couple degrees above the default temp. Maybe the later chips were locked.

4. Insomniac

As I said, the only way I'm aware of is to increase the Bus speed in the bios.

EG 66 -> 75 -> 83 -> 100 etc. (EG's only)

If you know of another way, I'm interested?

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'm not sure of what you're talking about (n00b alert) but this is what I did. [​IMG]

And after

[​IMG]

Here's a screen of my setup. [​IMG]

Sorry for the big pics. It seems that my ASUS mobo does the FSB dance automatocally. You are correct insomniac. My apologies.

6. Insomniac

Yep, we're talking about exactly the same thing, you have increased the FrontSideBus from 100MHZ to 133MHZ, and because it has a multiplier of 10 (Which is locked and can't be changed), that turns your 1 000 MHZ Celeron into a 1 330 MHZ Celeron.

Celeron's are very overclockable, but you have still done well. Thanks for the info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds