Cell phone memory

Discussion in 'Software' started by holyrosary, Jan 18, 2011.

1. holyrosary

holyrosary Private E-2

Recently returned my cell phone for exchange repair and had the phone guys delete all info/reset the phone before it was sent back. I had some "racy" picture of my wife taken during a vacation a couple months ago....did they go away or should I start to look for them on the internet.:-o

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Difficult one to answer as it depends what was wrong with the cell phone, kinda would have to takes your chance that if the phone was exchanged, that it was destroyed, if it was repaired, they wiped the storage space.

Dunno what phone you have/had, so dont know what the storage method was, if it was internal memory then possible they wiped it, especially if it came back to you with no data in it, but if it was a internal plus a media card and your images where on the media card and you never removed it before returning, and it never came back with the phone then who knows where thats ended up.

Sadly thats the risk of using portable media devices these days like phones with cameras, that if you take those types of pictures and loose it, they may end up on the net, just depends on the person who finds the data.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds