Cell-phones, minutes, lost time ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazygoat, Jul 23, 2009.

1. crazygoat

crazygoat Private E-2

Maybe, I'm just nostalgic for the cynical outlook I had on life in the mid '90's. I really don't care about something as insignificant as the scrap minutes of my cell phone bills, do I ? Anyway, I'm sorry to vent: But I just found out I'm 84 minutes over my cell phone bill anytime minutes. So I have to go get another phone I have just for times of the month like this. So I have two phones and haven't even had the chance to forward the # AND meanwhile people call the one phone I don't want to answer to avoid increasing the F@$#! Bill meanwhile people prioritze their incoming calls, skipping a # they don't recognize call me back leave messages, text me (I hate texting that's another rant entirely) life used to be simpler i say ... when you wanted to talk to somebody you dropped by their house, you never called someone during dinner time; before 10am on a Saturday (12noon Sunday) YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE MY CELLPHONES ! AND I HAVE TWO ! YES ONE JUST FOR MY MOTHER !!! I just ftreak out sometimes when I realize how much time I lose? checking voicemail that is pointless or out of date Calling people multiple times and then still having to wait for them to call- when I really don't even have anything to say or can't answer their questions or allay their current fears Please offer empathy, sympathy, or just some killer quotes... Feeling private John

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I wish my Verizon service had Roll over like my AT&T did, I sure miss that..

3. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Verizon has a new feature where you can call 5 phone numbers or any other V phone free.

Interesting.....

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Ten, not five. ;)

On our Verizon account we have the ten people The Guy calls the most for work listed as free numbers, since the minutes he spends talking to them are what got us the outrageous phone bill I posted about a couple of months ago... it was the size of our house payment. :(

Thanks to listing those ten as free numbers, we're now paying just our monthly plan fee and nothing more, and it's much better. All Verizon phones are already completely free so they don't count towards the minute quota.

5. crazygoat

crazygoat Private E-2

Here's my problem with Verizon... but 1st a little background. I am a long time AT+T customer. For 6 years I got 650 min for $40/month & rollover on a now defunct friends and family plan/deal. This was sweet, I talk about 550-600 minutes a month strictly work-related. I never went over and life was good (subtle LG ref?) Then after the smoke settled from ATT>CINGULAR>ATT whatever, they proceeded to offer 450 min for $40 and 900min for $60 (Twenty bucks a month is twenty bucks...) No middle ground ?!? Well, a very nice ATT operator told me a sweet little hook, carry the $60 plan, max out the rollover at 450, switch to the $40 plan and just watch my usage. I can get along, usually, 6 or 7 months before I have to switch back. So when I first hooked up I bundled my internet and was stylin' with the quickness and affordability ($75/month phone and internet) I then moved out to the sticks and was beyond their gentle embrace of wires and tubes. After looking around, Verizon was $65/month, speed ok, HORRIBLE USAGE RESTRICTIONS & PENALTIES AND INCONSISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! The 1st month I went over the 5GB limit and got a $240 bill! A nice operator 'forgave' my overage and I set out to never go over again. But with all earnestness at my command, I proceeded to go over again and again even while I closely monitored from their usage tab at startup. My problem is that their info was never up to date/realtime and when I tried to figure out why I was browbeat by two techreps over the phone who rudely informed me that I was basically screwed. And then when I decided to cancel the plan and submit to their "gods of early cancellation" to a tune of $155 plus the $ 65 and another $30 in overage.... well, I guess I was a little pissed. Now I'm with Cricket ($40 a month/no cap but they said they "might slow me down a little if I get up there in usage") who so far is good enough although quite a bit slower after you've experienced the quick guys. The worst part now is that my second phone I use when my ATT gets up there... you guessed it VERIZON THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds