cellphone

Discussion in 'Software' started by wolfx28, Oct 10, 2008.

1. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

does anyone know how to reflash a razr v3 i believe its a little old but i've been having problems and i heard reflashing should fix everything but no one wants to really show HOW to do it can anyone here help

Wolf

2. domain

domain Private E-2

So, you own a Motorola V3 Razr. Odds are you have been roaming around the web reading random sites, getting blurbs about "seems", "flashing", "flexing", and more. You're confused, lost, and ready to pay somebody to do this, or give up. Well, thats what this site is for: to help.
    Lets talk about modding the Motorola Razr. First off, why mod the thing at all? Well, lots of reasons! First, its cool. You can personalize your phone (change the outer picture, make it louder, use different fonts, change the look of it all, etc). Also, changing the software on the phone can increase your reception, your volume, the menu speed, and much more.

So how do you mod? And what are all those terms? Ok, here's the scoop. You're familiar with computers a little, I assume, if you are attempting to mod a phone. So, I'll lay it out here.

The Flex
    The flex is the files and branding of the phone. It contains all the carrier specific menus and images, like T-Zones for T-Mobile, or whichever graphic branding and text links your carrier puts in the phone.
    The Flash
    The flash is the part we change most often. By now we have several types, but basically, the flash is the software of the phone. When you change the flash, it adjusts features, menus, and more. Also, things like the way your phone handles reception or menu speed are handled by flashes. Flashing your phone will not erase any of your media or settings. Then there's the seem.
    The Seem
    The seem is the individual pieces that make up the operating system on the phone. Every individual feature on your phone (SMS on/off, will the call end when you close the flip, can you access the web from your phone, etc) is all editable by changing a seem. More on that in the seem editing section, but basically seems are what you will change when you want to change one feature at a time.
    So what should you do?
    First off, all this is detailed in the rest of this guide. That being said, generally the first thing you will do is flash (which is what we call it when you change the software on the phone) with a MonsterPack (which is a flex AND flash in one file--check out TheMotoGuide's Firmware Downloads Page) to get you up to date, then reflash with a "reflash" file, which is similar to a flash, to get you to the current software version. After you have accomplished those two things, then you can start getting into the feature specific things you would like for yourself personally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds