Challenge Offered, Tech Heads!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by a talking monkey, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. a talking monkey

a talking monkey Private E-2

How do I convert VHS to AVI or MP4 or MKV (the format doesn't really matter)?

You read that correctly! VHS!

I found some old videotapes with dead family members on them and I want to copy them to my computer.

I have a VCR in good working condition and my computer is a Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 7 Premium. So, my questions:

1. Is there a cable that will let me hook the VCR and my computer together? If yes, what is such a cable called?

2. What software will I need on my computer to covert to the new format? Will VLC be able to do it?

Also, the audio doesn't matter. The family members were too far away to be heard on the videotape, so all I'm concerned with is the video.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Not much of a challenge. Remember Google is your friend.

MaxTurner likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds