Change Broadband IP Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NREC37, Jun 6, 2008.

1. NREC37

NREC37 Private E-2

Hi, I was wondering if I can possibly change my Broadband IP address, and how would I go about doing so?

I'm using a Verizon Router and I think that someone is leeching off of me...If I change My computer IP address, um, the 192.168.x.x will that also change the Broadband IP Address?

yes, I'm tech illiterate, but I'm hoping to learn haha

Thanks in advance, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place..

2. NREC37

NREC37 Private E-2

if I did an ipconfig/release & ipconfig/renew, would that change it?

3. NREC37

NREC37 Private E-2

how would I do that?

I'm on Verizon FiOS
    Actiontec router
    Windows Vista Ultimate

thanks for the reply though

okay, also, I can't access my router, the 192.168.1.1 on any browser, it either says that login failed, or when I try to type the password manually, it enters more characters than I type

Bloody thing :(

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

If you left the router settings at default, check this out - http://www.routerpasswords.com/index.asp
    If a Verizon tech accessed the router, the password will be ‘password1’

If you changed them, may have to reset router to default.
    Check with Verizon support or Actiontec support for your router procedure to reset. (Usually a button or hole on back or hold power button for set period of time.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds