Change Secondary Monitor Settings with Broken Laptop Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by btterp, Sep 22, 2009.

1. btterp

btterp Private E-2

I have what I hope is a simple issue. My laptop(Gateway) monitor is dead and I have been using a secondary monitor (HP1702). I accidentally changed the setting on the secondary monitor to a resolution that is above its capability and as a result it goes to sleep on startup. I can use the computer in safe mode and VGA mode however I can't do any changes to the display settings in either mode. I have tried doing it blind by memorizing the steps on my other XP laptop but have not been successful.

Is there anyway to change the settings so they stick in safe or VGA mode or is there another way to have the computer default to standard settings?

Thanks for any help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds