Change System Name Utility

Discussion in 'Software' started by Smok10a, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Smok10a

Smok10a Private E-2

I just inherited a system from a family member and would like to remove their name and replace it with mine where ever it is in the reg. I have seen a utility that does this but I can not find it now. Anyone know about what I'm looking for?

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I just inherited a system from a family member and would like to remove their name and replace it with mine where ever it is in the reg. I have seen a utility that does this but I can not find it now. Anyone know about what I'm looking for? Smok10a <<

Welcome to Major Geeks! ;)

If you mean that you want to "Rename the Administrator Account" for Windows XP the following website explains this procedure, step-by-step with pics: Renaming the Administrator account in Windows XP.

Please Note:
    In the future you might want to include a bit more information (such as the operating system's name, etc.) in your posted queries. The more information we have to work with; the better we will be able to promptly assist you.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds