changing avi files

Discussion in 'Software' started by keith62, Feb 3, 2007.

1. keith62

keith62 Private E-2

I am having an issue copying avi files with nero ultra(possibly what I am doing wrong). It copies half and then freezes and i have to close nero. It will not go past a certain point.

Is there a way to copy or do i have to do something with it????????

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If you are using the full version of Nero, you should be able to use the Nero Recode software to convert those files. (I haven't done this) In the help section of Recode, it explains how to convert them to MPEG-4 files and then to burn them to disc.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I always use Nero Express out of Nero Ultra's options. It just seems more straight forward for simply writing CD/DVDs. If you are just trying to back up an AVI file then creating a Data CD/DVD is fine. A written Data disc can be inserted in your disk drive and then you copy the file back to your HD when you want to view it and you can delete it afterwards, knowing you still have a copy on CD/DVD disc.

In Nero Express:

>New Project
    >Data Cd or Data DVD
    >Add File ( a browser opens, navigate to file, highlight, click add) when disc is full or you have finished adding files then click close.
    >Click Burn

When finished, if you reinsert the burned disc then Windows should open a window showing the contents of the disc which is your AVI files.

If you're trying to convert AVI to DVD with Nero, than sorry, I also have issues. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds