Changing BIOS Passwords Remotely

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andrew.McDonald, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Andrew.McDonald

Andrew.McDonald Private E-2

Hi everyone :)

I am a new Helpdesk Analyst within a company and have been given a task to find a way of changing all of the BIOS passwords within the company, preferably remotely for obvious reasons. There are approx 250+ machines with the majority of laptops being Dell Latitude and workstations Dell OptiPlex although most of the laptops have BitLocker activated.
    We also use Empirum software to push out software to the machines if this would be of any help.

I have been looking around and into using the Dell Client Configuration Utility and also the OpenManage tool although I'm not too sure if they would work for us due to us using BitLocker.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds