Changing data files to audio files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Methos, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Methos

Methos Private E-2

Hello everyone,

I have some data files on a cd-r and would like to burn them onto a cd-r
    that i can listen to in a portable cd player. They are large files so i know i will have to segment them first but then can i simply convert the files and then burn them onto a cd-r as an audio music file with a basic cd/dvd creator program or will i need a different program for the conversion?

Thank you very much for any info.

2. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

Hello.
    First of all lets clear. You have mp3 or wav or the like files onto a cd-r as data. Right? And you want to burn the same audio files onto audio cd?
    If I'm right you can do it by simply choosing 'Make Audio CD' option in Nero for ex. and don't need to convert anything.
    Nevertheless could you tell me I'm right? And what kind of file types have your files?

3. Methos

Methos Private E-2

Hello cr.Gena,

Thank you very much for the reply, one file is an iso file and the other is
    a mp3 file. when i tried to burn the mp3 audio file onto a cdr as a music file
    it playback as if in slow motion.
    The iso file file is very large so i wasnt sure if after i clip it into segments to fit on numerous cd-r`s if i would have to do anything else to it before burning it as music onto a cd-r?

Thank you again for your time and info.

4. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

Oh, it's clear. :)
    ISO file isn't an audio file, it is a CD image!

A CD image is a track by track, sector by sector exact copy of a CD.
    The image contains everything on the CD - not only the files you can see and can normally copy and paste anywhere
    and anyway you want but also the File Allocation Table.
    The way a CD image is written, the file type it is put into, often determines its usefulness.

So if you decide to split this file you'll just break it.
    But you can view it through the WinRar and 'extract' data from it - you'll receive all music files (I guess it contains music files since you said you want to write them as audio CD).

As to burning to Audio Cd be ready you'll be able to write less data than could be go in Data CD.

5. Methos

Methos Private E-2

Thank you cr.Gena for all your time and help.The ISO`s are a group of radio shows which some i would like to turn into audio so i am able to listen to on a portable cd player so i will have to split up each show into about 79min. on each cd-r and spread it over a few cd-r`s.

Thanks again for everything. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds